THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday

Positive or Not?

I make an appointment with my doctor to see if I am really pregnant. I go, I wait, I pee. I have been to the doctor's office once a week for the past 3 weeks. Once for my yearly physical, for an internal sonogram and then for the results of yet another pregnancy test. Nothing was detected on the sono and I had to tell my doctor that I was pregnant when he called to let me know there were no problems. He is thrilled because he not only said that my husband and I make "beauitful babies" but he and his wife had a baby late in their 30's and he raves about how much fun it is. Keep in mind, he goes to work all day, leaving his wife with 4 kids.

The test is positive, go figure. I am sent to the lab, where they withdraw 3 gigantic tubes of blood. They also want more pee, which I can't give. I'm not to the go pee every 5 seconds stage yet. The doctor tells me that all the results will be sent to my OB/GYN, and wasn't I lucky I just had a Pap? Yeah, lucky.

The doctor determines that I am around 3 weeks pg, with a rough due date of January 18, 2009. My wonderful, caring, sweet, loving husband immediately comments that he hopes I will have my C-section early. You know, that extra tax deduction. How thoughtful!

I call and make the appointment with Dr. Depew. I tell the woman that answers that I am old and only 3 weeks along. She insists that it is not necessary to see me before I am 8 weeks. Ok, whatever. She gets all of the insurance info, period info etc. and says I am actually probably 5 weeks instead. I'm not sure how a person that answers the phone in the office is qualified to change my due date but, whatever. My first appointment is May 29th.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! The tax deduction thing was NOT the first thing out of my mouth! "Are you kidding" was the first thing out of my mouth!