THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday

Poke me, please!

Yesterday, dear husband and I went to visit a perinatologist. She is the only one in Wichita that sees moms of "advanced maternal age." Since I turned 39, yesterday, I guess I fit in that category. I kept arguing that I was really 20, but no one was listening. I was to check in at 9am, for my day of fun.

I was instructed to arrive with a full bladder so that the sonogram could begin promptly at 9. I drank and drank. I get to the office and I have to wait 15 minutes. By now, I feel like I am going to explode! I finally get into the sono room and the tech tells me that I can go because my bladder is too full! Thank God, I nearly peed right on the exam table.

We sit through 45 minutes of sono. She measures literally everything. Arms, legs, heart, brain, placenta, you name it. It was fine, though, since I didn't have to pee. I was kind of waiting for the, "Are you ready to find out if it is a boy or a girl," question, but it didn't come. Instead, she said, "Well, it looks like a girl to me." Hubby and I weren't shocked, since it is kind of a 50/50 outcome. After a million pictures, we were dismissed to see the doctor.


Dr. O'Hara was a nice lady, with a great bedside manner. She thoroughly explained everything, pros and cons of the amnio. She explained that the baby was doing great and we really should have little worry about things. For my own peace of mind, I decided to get the amnio done. We were ready to get the poking done, when the nurse asked if I had a pre-certification code from the insurance. Um... NOPE! I didn't know I was supposed to. Of course, the insurance gives you the runaround, so we miss our window of amnio opportunity.

I have to reschedule for next Tuesday. This is the day after we come home from Vegas, the day before I am supposed to host bunco, the day I am supposed to do a million things. My own fault.

1 comments:

Chelle said...

Hey Christie! Congrats on finding out it was a girl! How exciting! I'm sorry that you got all psyched up and they didn't even let you get the amnio because of that stupid insurance code! Now you get to get yourself all psyched up for that again! I hope you have a great time in Vegas!! :) *HUGS*